Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Specs and Review
In March 2015, Samsung launched two of its Galaxy series phone which were Samsung Galaxy S6 and Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge in response to iPhone 6 and 6 Plus. After a while Samsung has encountered a good sale of its phone, and the major credit should be given to S6 Edge, because of its most distinctive curved screen. The initial demand was very strong for this phone, but the supply and demand gap wasn’t filled because of the difficult to make and time taking curved screens used by S6 Edge. Now lets have a look at some of the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge specs in order to know what else this stylish phone has to offer.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Specifications
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge supports similar screen size of 5.1”as of its predecessor S5 and S6, however it is equipped with a curved edge screen that makes this device absolutely classy and distinctive from all of its predecessors and other Smartphones in the market. Though it weighs much lesser than S6. (Weight of S6 is 138 g, while S6 Edge weighs only 132 g.
Internal space of S6 Edge is 32GB, 64GB and 128GB while it does not support the function of external memory which came as a sheer disappointment.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comprises of:
- Rear Camera: No change in camera result, as it supports 16 P camera followed by all the other side features offered in S6.
- Video: 2160p of video recording, which remained same as of Galaxy S6.
- Front Camera: Just like Rear Camera, the megapixel density of front camera remains 5.
S6 Edge has exactly the same CPU as well RAM as of Samsung Galaxy S6 i.e. 1.5GHz Cortex A53 Quad-Core with 3GB RAM.
The battery power is a little bit higher than S6, i.e. 2600 mAh battery, which surely got perfect with that extra curved screen at the edge of the phone.
Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Some of the pros and cons of Samsung Galaxy S6 are:
Pros of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Additional 1% screen to body ratio as compared to S6.
- Powerful 3GB RAM makes your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge absolutely lag free.
- Lighter in weight as compared to S6.
- Absolutely distinctive and stylish design.
- The first ever curved screen on the edge of the phone makes it absolutely distinctive and stylish.
Cons of Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
- Memory card option is not their anymore.
- Battery is less powerful than its predecessor S5, which supports 2800 mAh battery.
- The only difference between S6 and S6 edge is that the S6 edge has a curved screen, while every other specification remained the same with not much notable differences.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review:
Samsung has truly outdone theirselves by introducing Galaxy S6 Edge, the first ever phone with a curved screen at the edge. This screen at the edge is known to be one of the biggest reasons why it was able to good number of sales. Though Android fans encountered sheer disappointment on knowing that they won’t be able to add the extended memory, as the phone does not support a memory card. The phone is truly amazing with great style and design, and is packed with some of the most powerful features that everyone has been looking for. However powerful specs and reduced battery size might give you a little disappointment when it comes to retaining the charge in your phone, though battery is still very powerful.
Last but not the least Samsung Galaxy S6 edge is surely an amazing phone, and a must for every Android lover who can bear without additional memory.