How to Solve Samsung Galaxy S4 Rear Camera Problems?
- Blurred image.
- Camera failed error.
- Black screen after camera is accessed.
- Your phone hangs when camera is accessed.
- Pictures are not saving.
Reasons of Problems
- Blurred image normally occurs due to dust over camera lens or if the camera lens is scratched you will encounter similar issue.
- Running multiple apps and opening your camera at the same time might result in hanging your phone.
- Your SD Card might be faulty.
- Third party camera related apps are interrupting with rear camera’s function or your third party camera apps are outdated.
- Camera in-turn might have become faulty.
- Any of the camera related components or even Camera IC might have become faulty.
- First restart your phone and check, if that doesn’t solve the problem then reset your phone.
- For hanging problem – Close all the running applications before you access your camera and check.
- Remove all the third party camera related apps and check, as sometimes these third party camera apps also become the cause of different S4 camera hanging problems.
- Wipe the entire cache of your phone and check.
- Problem might also be with your SD Card, remove and re-insert your SD card and check.
- If the above step fails to perform then check with any other working SD card.
- Plastic Separation Tool (For disassembling).
- Star Screw Driver (For disassembling).
- Soldering Gun.
- Heat Gun.
- Jumper (Copper Wire to be used in replacement of faulty coils).
- For blurred image clean your phone’s camera lens from inside.
- If the camera lens is scratched or damaged then replace camera lens glass with a new one, but make sure to perform this procedure gently, as the glass is quite delicate in nature.
- If you are encountering black screen issue then remove and fix rear camera and check.
- Clean and re-solder your rear camera on-board connector and check.
- If your camera still fails to perform then check with any other working camera.
- Now check Resistor – 1, Resistor – 2, Resistor – 3 and Resistor – 4. If any of them is faulty then replace it.
- Now replace diode, you need to replace it as you cannot check whether it is faulty or not.
- Now check connection between Resistor – 1 with Capacitor – 1 (Capacitor – 1 is at the other side of the board).
- Check Capacitor – 2 and Capacitor – 3, replace if any of them is faulty.
- Now check Coil – 1 and Coil – 2, if any of them is faulty then replace it. You can also use Jumper wire instead.
- Now the next thing that you need to do is to heat, remove and re-fix Camera IC and check. If it is still found to be faulty then replace it.