Resolving Samsung Galaxy S4 Microphone Problem
Samsung Galaxy S4 is surely new in this market, but you can encounter problems with it due to any of the reasons. One of the most common problems faced by Samsung Galaxy S4 users is the microphone issue which normally arises due to water damage or moisture. In this type of problem you can hear the voice of others on call, while they are not able to hear you.
In the following lines you will get to know about different Samsung S4 microphone problems:
- Microphone not working at all.
- Distracted sound is recorded via Mic.
- Distracted sound is received by the other party when talking on call.
- MIC mutes randomly and at any point.
- MIC goes cute on call while it works well during voice recording.
Reasons of Problems
- MIC might have en countered any kind of physical or water damage.
- MIC is faulty.
- The rubber cap of MIC is out of order or is displaced from its correct location.
- MIC might be too much dusty or dirty, hence causing above mentioned problems.
- Dry soldering of MIC connectors could also be the reason of this problem.
- Microphone IC might be faulty.
In order to solve the above mentioned problems, all you have to do is to:
- If you are looking for temporary workaround then all you have to do is to use speakerphone, as it uses different microphone in its operation.
- Dry your Samsung Galaxy S4 with a dry towel to eliminate any visible traces of water or moisture.
- Remove battery
- Clean all the openings (Headphone port, Charging port etc.) with the help of cotton buds in order to eliminate all possible traces of water and moisture completely.
- Put you phone into Rice bag or Silica gel packets for at least 48 hours in order to absorb any moisture.
- Check MIC hole for any dust or dirt.
- Now try Microphone again, if it doesn’t work then open your Samsung Galaxy S4 and check the microphone rubber cap and clean it and check again.
- If it is dislocated reinsert it again, if it is cut or damaged replace it and check.
- Check MIC and its Connector, replace if Faulty. This is surely going to solve your problem.
All of the above methods will surely resolve your S4’s Microphone problem in the best possible manner, and there is no other solution than this. The best thing is that you don’t need to be a professional in order to fix it, as if you have steady hands on soldering then you will surely be able to solve this problem in the best possible manner.