How to Solve Samsung Galaxy S4 Lag and Stutter Problems?
Samsung Galaxy S4 is surely one powerful phone, as it is equipped with a 1.9 GHz Quad Core Processor with 2GB LP DDR3 RAM, so you will surely be expecting this phone to run smoothly without any lags or stutter. However a good number of people have reported that S4 is going through a stutter issue.
In the following lines you will get to know about Samsung Galaxy S4 Lag and stutter problem that a good number of S4 users are going through.
- S4 stutters when entering or exiting the apps.
- Phone lags while unlocking.
- Phone lags in process when home button is pressed.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to:
- Go into settings.
- Developer options then scroll down.
- Now set Window Animation, Transition Animation and Animator Duration Scale to “Animation is OFF”, as that is one of the things that makes your phone lag in different windows.
- In case you don’t see the developer option on your Galaxy S4 then you have to unlock them.
- In order to unlock developer option then all you have to do is to go into:
- About Device and then tapping the “Build Number” many times until you get pop-up messages saying that you have unlocked the developer’s option or Developer option is unlocked.
- Afterwards go into:
- My Device.
- Lock Screen and tap over the option saying “Unlock Effect” and change that option to “None”.
- Now finally access your S-Voice feature and go into its setting and:
- Uncheck the box which is saying “Open via Home Key”, this will completely eliminate your Home button Lag issue.
P.S. Last option will surely eliminate Home button lag issue from your phone but it will also disable the double tap activation of your S – Voice. Hence every time you need to activate S – Voice you have to go into the options in order to do that.
The above mentioned steps will surely eliminate every kind of Stutter and Lag issue, hence allowing your phone to work flawlessly. It is considered that this lag and stutter issue which is in this phone happens due to the problem in phone, and can be considered as a manufacturing fault, but this thing is not recognized as a “Problem” by Samsung, and you might not be allowed to ask for phone replacement, however you have this workaround in order to resolve this issue in the best possible manner.