Resolving Samsung Galaxy S1 Speaker and Audio Jack Problem
In the following lines you will get to know the method to analyze and resolve Samsung Galaxy S1 speaker and audio jack problem in the best possible manner.
In the following lines you will see different Galaxy S1 speaker and audio jack problems along with all of their possible solutions.
Speaker Problem in Samsung Galaxy S1
- Noise in the Speaker or Low Sound in the speaker
- No Sound at all while calling
Reasons of Problems
- Dust might be covering the speaker diaphragm causing low sound.
- Volume level may be low.
- Speaker is out of order.
- Check your phone volume.
- Remove any audio app that you think might be causing or interrupting in the normal action.
Resolving Noise / Low sound in speaker Problem
If there is noise or low sound in the speaker then it means that there might be dust on the speaker which is covering speaker’s diaphragm and in order to resolve that, all you have to do is to:
- Open top of the phone display unit and clean the hole gently where the speaker is placed
- If there is too much dust on the speaker then it is a good to replace the speaker rather than cleaning it, as in this condition cleaning will give you no avail.
Resolving No Sound while calling issue
If there is no sound at all while calling then all you have to do is to follow the following steps:
- Restart your phone; it is known to be an effective temporary solution.
- If the above method doesn’t work then Check the Volume Level in settings.
If the above method doesn’t work then trace the motherboard. In the following figure you can see that the speaker’s way is marked
The connector is near to the backup battery and the two terminals of the speaker from the connector are connected to diode and from there to coil.
In order to troubleshoot, all you have to do is to follow the following steps:
- Put jumper on the coil if it is faulty, as one of the reasons for this problem is that the coil’s connection is open.
- Check the diode by using multi meter, if it is faulty then change it.
- If you don’t want to change the diode then change the entire strip that contains speaker and audio jack, this is surely going to resolve this problem.
Audio Jack problem in Samsung Galaxy S1
There are two possible Samsung Galaxy S1 audio jack problems, these include:
- No Sound at all
- Sound is not clear.
Reasons of Problems
- Headphone is faulty
- The Jack pin doesn’t make contact with the headphone pins
- Check with any other working headphone.
- Examine audio jack hole for any dust or particle, and try to remove it with the help of a toothpick. But make sure to be gentle.
- Increase the volume of your phone or check for volume button on your headset.
- If the Jack pin doesn’t make contact with the headphone pins then check the entire strip and board connector for any possible physical or water damage
- Clean the connectors properly or change the strip, this will surely solve your Audio Jack problem.