How to Root Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)?
Rooting is a process of unlocking your phone, so that you will be able to customize your phone, install any app you want without any kind of restriction from manufacturer and your network provider. Every phone has a little bit different method of rooting; therefore there are different rooting steps for every phone.
In the following lines you will get to know the method of rooting Samsung Galaxy S4:
Disclaimer: BrokenLCDs.com is not responsible for any damage to your S4 (GT-I9505) caused by the rooting process mentioned below. Besides that this rooting process is only for Galaxy S4 model number GT-I9505.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to take back up of your phone.
- Make sure that USB driver is installed and USB debugging is enabled on your Galaxy S4, so that files can be transferred between your phone and PC.
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged, before you plan to start rooting your phone.
- You need to have the following apps / files in your system:
- CF Auto Root Android Package (Choose your current version of Android OS)
- Odin v3.09
Rooting Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT-I9505)
- After you have downloaded both CF Auto Root Android Package and ODIN v3.09, extract these files in the computer you are planning to connect with your device.
- Power Off your S4 and put it in download mode by pressing and holding the following buttons together:
- Volume Up button.
- Home Button.
- Power Button.
- When you will do the above step you will get a warning sign, and when you get that press Volume Up button so that you can enter download mode.
- Now Run Odin app as an administrator so that you have all the required privileges.
- Now connect S4 with your computer via USB cable. If the connection is successful you will witness a message named as “added” in your Odin app.
- Click on AP button and select CF Auto Root File which you extracted previously in your computer
- Now check mark on both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
- Now the next thing that you need to do is to Press Start Button of your Odin App in order to begin the rooting process.
- Once the entire rooting process is done your Galaxy S4 will reboot itself and you will get a message saying “Pass” in green background at the top left dialogue box in Odin. This means that your phone has rooted successfully. Simply disconnect the data cable in order to proceed further.
- Rooting your phone voids warranty in all conditions even if it was bought just a day back.
- This process might also damage or brick your phone (very less likely to happen but the danger is still there).
- Rooting may also introduce some security risks.