How to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 3?
In the following lines you will get to know a complete set of information that will help you to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3. However you need to keep in mind that this thing will also void the manufacturer’s warranty.
Disclaimer: We are going to mention a standard method to root your Samsung Galaxy Note 3, but this procedure can also brick your phone. We will not be held responsible in any such case.
- Take Backup of your entire phone, as this process may wipe out your data as well.
- Make sure that your phone is fully charged (at least 80%), before you start the rooting procedure. If your phone goes out of charge during rooting procedure than this thing will surely damage your phone.
- Download following files over the internet:
- CWM Recovery for Note 3 SM – 9005
- Super SU Update–SuperSU–v1.91.
- Odin v3.07
Installation of CWM Recovery on Note 3
- The very first thing that you need to do is to Extract the ODIN Zip file.
- Now Copy SuperSU-v1.91 zip file to the SD card of the phone and switch of your Galaxy Note 3.
- Now boot your phone into Download mode, which is done by holding the following buttons together:
- Hold the above mentioned buttons together until you see Android Icon along with Warning Sign appears on the screen. Press “Volume Up” button in order to enter the download mode.
- Now RUN Odin v3.07 app on your computer, but make sure that you are logged in as an administrator so that you have sufficient rights.
- Now Connect your Note 3 with your computer, and wait until Odin application detects your device. When your phone is detected and connected successfully with your computer you will receive “Added” message on your computer. In case you do not receive “Added” message on your computer then install USB driver or try changing the USB port of your phone.
- Now in Odin application window, click over PDA button and select file named as “CWM Recovery.tar”.
- Make sure that Auto – Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are marked. Also make sure that Re-partition option is unchecked.
- Recheck each and every option, so that everything is in its proper place and then click on “Start” button of Odin, and as soon as you will do it the installation process will begin immediately.
- After the process is completed your phone will restart and you will witness a massage saying “Pass” on the extreme left box the Odin’s application. After you see that unplug your device from Laptop.
Rooting Samsung Galaxy Note 3
- Now after successfully following all of the above mentioned steps, reboot the phone into CWM recovery which is done by pressing and holding the following buttons:
- Volume Up button.
- Home Button.
- Power Button.
- Now in CWM recovery, select “Install Zip from SD Card”, afterwards select “Choose Zip from SD card”. After that browse through the location where your Super SU file is saved and select it in order to install the file.
- After the installation is completed return to the main recovery menu, from there select the option “Reboot System Now”.
After you do that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 will be successfully rooted, and you can install any app without any kind of permission. It is highly recommended that you should also check the root status of your phone by downloading any of the root checking apps from Play Store.
- Your phone might brick or get damaged.
- This will void warranty.
- Knox Security will be disabled and void.