How to Solve Nokia Lumia 920 Power Problems?
- Lumia 920 not powering ON.
- Phone doesn’t turn on and also heats up when even when power is OFF.
- Phone turns OFF randomly at any point.
- Phone turns Off when you access a particular application.
Reasons of Problems
- Charger might be faulty.
- Battery might be faulty or water damaged.
- Any of the components in that system might be faulty.
- Soldering of battery on-board connector might be out.
- Power IC might be faulty.
- Change your phone’s charger and check, and also make sure that you are using an original Nokia charger, as most of the time third party chargers don’t work well with Lumia phones.
- Charge your phone for around 20 minutes and then try to turn it ON, as in some cases this gets the job done right.
- Star Screw Driver and Plastic Separation Tool.
- Multi meter.
- Soldering Gun.
- Heat blower.
- After charging your phone for 20 minutes, the next thing that you will do is to check battery voltage, if there is no charge found in battery then it means your battery is damaged and you need to replace it.
- Now the next thing that you need to do is to check battery’s on-board connector for any kind of water damage. In case you find any traces of water damage then clean the battery’s on-board connectors properly and check. After that also re-solder the connector.
- Check connection between Capacitor – 1 and Capacitor – 2, if any of them is found to be damaged or faulty replace it.
- Check all the components that are surrounding your Power IC, if any of them is found to be faulty then replace it, as if any of the component is damaged then your Power IC won’t turn ON.
- If all the above methods fail to resolve your power problems then all you have to do is to gently heat your Power IC with the help of a heat blower, if it fails to perform then re-ball and re-fix the IC.
- If heating or re-balling of Power IC doesn’t do any good to you then replace your Power IC, as there is nothing you can do besides all that.
Power problems in Lumia 920 or in any of the phones is regarded as one of the biggest problem, as neither your phone is turning ON and nor it is accepting any charge, but you don’t need to worry as all the above methods will help you to resolve this problem in the best possible manner.