How to Solve Nokia Lumia 900 Audio Jack Problem?
- No Sound in ear phones.
- Distorted sound in ear phones.
- Unbalanced sound in ear phones.
Reasons of Problems
- The problem might be in the Audio Jack of your phone, you might need to replace Audio Jack.
- Volume settings might be low or there might be a problem in your headset.
- Dry soldering of Audio Jack contact pins or any kind of water damage might also have damaged your audio jack on-board connector.
- There are 7 coils and 4 capacitors present in the system, if any of the coil or capacitor is faulty then you have to change it as well.
- Audio jack IC might also be faulty, you need to reheat, re-ball or replace Audio Jack, but this should be considered at the last resort.
- Check your phone’s volume settings and check.
- Restart your phone and check.
- Check with any other working headset in order to verify the actual cause of problem.
- Soldering gun.
- Heat gun.
- Star Screw driver.
- Plastic separation tool.
- Multi meter.
- Clean Audio jack contacts with the help of a cotton cloth and check.
- Re-solder all the pins of Audio Jack and check, as sometimes it becomes dry solder or soldering comes off due to any kind of physical damage. Also check for traces of water damage and clean it.
- If the above mentioned steps fail then replace your Audio jack with a new / working one.
- Now check Pin – 2 of Audio Jack on-board connector with Capacitor – 1 and Capacitor – 2. After that, also check Pin – 2 of Audio Jack on-board connector with Coil – 1, Coil – 2 and Coil – 3.
- Now check connection between Audio Jack 2nd Pin with IC – 2.
- Check connection between Pin – 4 of Audio Jack on-board connector, Capacitor – 3 and Coil – 4.
- Now check connection between Pin – 7 and Capacitor 4, Coil – 5, Coil – 6 and Coil – 7.
- If the above method fails then problem must be in Audio Jack IC. Gently heat Audio Jack IC with the help of a heat gun and check. If heating IC doesn’t get your problem resolved then re-ball or replace Audio Jack IC.
All the above methods will surely solve your problem, but make sure that you check the status of your Audio Jack after every step you perform, as it might be able to solve that problem. Nokia Lumia 900 Audio Jack problem isn’t that big, as you can use your phone’s speakers as well, but it is always and highly recommended that none of the phone issues should be taken lately and should be resolved at the earliest.