How to Solve Nokia Lumia 1020 Wi-Fi Problems?
Nokia Lumia 1020 is known to be one of the most successful Smartphone model offered by Nokia. This is mainly because of the fact that its features have literally beat every other phone in the market, while Windows 8 OS, made this phone much more distinctive as compared to anyone else.
One of the problems that has been found in a good number of new Nokia Lumia 1020 handsets is the Wi-Fi problem. People have complained that either Wi-Fi on their phone works really very slow or it gets disconnected as soon as the screen turns off, which is surely a one irritating problem, as the Wi-Fi remains only active while the screens is on.
This is surely a very distinctive type of Wi-Fi problem, however the best thing is that this can easily be solved by checking your phone’s settings, as in most cases settings are the only problem.
In the following lines you will get to know about Nokia Lumia 1020 problems as well as their solution:
- Wi-Fi connection is very slow.
- Wi-Fi disconnects as soon as the screen goes off.
Reasons of Problems
- Problem might be in your Wi-Fi device or Wi-Fi service providing company.
- Settings might be out.
- Router’s firmware is not updated.
- MAC filter might be turned on, and this may be causing this problem.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to:
- Go into Settings.
- Wi-Fi, and then into “Advance”.
- Check mark on the option saying “Keep Wi-Fi On when screen times out”
The above mentioned feature is used to save the battery time, and this could be the main reason for this problem.
- If the above step fails then turn your Wi-Fi router off and restart your phone and check.
- Also check whether your router Firmware is updated or not, as non-updated ones also cause similar problems. You can check this thing simply by going into:
- Phone update.
- Check for updates.
- Turn MAC filtering off, as MAC filtering sometimes also causes this problem, so you also need to go this option as well.
All of the above mentioned steps will surely help you in solving your Nokia Lumia 1020 Wi-Fi problem in the best possible manner. In case all the above mentioned things don’t work then it is surely a good idea to go with Nokia service center, as this might also be a hardware problem.