How to Solve Nokia Lumia 1020 Random Reboot and Freezing Problems?
Nokia Lumia 1020 is a one powerful phone that comes up with some of the best and most extensive features. The phone is powered with Windows Phone 8 OS, which allows its users to enjoy what this OS has to offer them.
Nokia Lumia 1020 is known to be one of the most successful Smartphone offered by Nokia, but this power packed phone also comes with few of the manufacturing problems. The best thing about these problems is that they can be resolved by following simple set of workaround methods.
A very few people have reported that they are encountering random reboot and freezing problem in their Nokia Lumia 1020, let’s have a look at these problems in details followed by its working methods.
- Phone freezes randomly at any point.
- Phone freezes even when it is idle.
- Phone reboots during usage.
- Phone reboots even when in idle position.
- Lumia 1020 turns off.
Reasons of Problems
- Any of the applications might be causing this problem.
- Any service might also be the cause of this problem.
- Multiple apps or services might be running at back end which forced the phone to restart.
- Any of the files might have become corrupt.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to use the “Back Key” in order to exit the apps in order to make sure that none of the apps or services are running in the background.
- Now give a soft reset to your Nokia Lumia 1020. In order to do a soft reset, all you have to do is to Hold down the following buttons until the phone vibrates:
- Volume down.
- Power button.
- The next thing that you need to do is to make sure that your Windows Phone is up to date. You can check this by going into:
- Phone update.
- Check for updates.
- Other than your phone OS, you also need to make sure that your installed apps are also up to date, as sometimes such type of apps also become the cause of this problem.
- If your phone is still giving you problems then give your phone a hard reset, which is done by going into:
- Reset Your Phone.
In case you are not able to reset your phone due to hanging problem then reset your phone simply by holding down the volume button and connecting your phone’s charger at the same time. After you have done that you will see an exclamation mark message on your screen, when you see that, press following keys:
- Volume Up.
- Volume Down.
- Power button.
- Volume Down (Yes, you need to press volume down key two times).
All the above mentioned steps will surely solve this problem, however if the problem persists you should take your phone back to your Nokia Service center and ask for replacement. You might need to push him harder for this, but you shouldn’t hesitate.