How to Solve iPhone 5S Wi-Fi Problems?
iPhone 5S is not only a Smartphone that people use to make or receive calls or to do text messages, it is also the device that people prefer when it comes to the usage of internet, and this is mainly because it is a device that people can take with them easily and whenever they want.
If your iPhone 5S Wi-Fi is not working or giving you problems then it is surely very important for you to fix it in first place, as you won’t be able to enjoy most of the features that are associated with the internet in one way or the other.
In the following lines you will get to know the solution of different iPhone 5S Wi-Fi problems:
- Wi-Fi not working.
- Wi-Fi device not found by the phone.
- Wi-Fi option is disabled (Grayed out, which means that you cannot toggle between ON / OFF).
- Data Packets are not transferring.
- Connected but no signals.
Reasons of Problems
- Phone might be water damaged.
- Phone might have any kind of physical damage.
- Wi-Fi router is out of order or not working properly.
- Security Set on Wi-Fi router.
- Wi-Fi router is not in range.
- Antenna connector, antenna wire or Wi-Fi IC might be damaged.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to toggle between ON and OFF switch of your Wi-Fi router, as most of the time a simple router restart gets the job done right.
- If the above step fails then Toggle between ON and OFF options of your iPhone 5S’s Wi-Fi, as this method also resolves this issue in most cases.
- Check whether there is any kind of security set on your router, as this is also the cause of the problem
- Now reset your phone and toggle between ON and OFF.
- Besides everything else, you also need to make sure that your phone has at least 30% charge, as sometimes Wi-Fi does not work when the battery is too low. In case it is lower than recharge your phone and check.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to find any traces of water or moisture on your motherboard, if there are then clean it properly and check.
- Check antenna wire for any kind of damage, if it is then replace it.
- If your Wi-Fi is not catching signals or if the packets are not transferring then all you have to do is to re-solder antenna connector and check.
- If your Wi-Fi option is grayed out (disabled) then it means your entire Network section is inactive or disabled. Gently heat Wi-Fi IC and check.
- In case heating doesn’t get the job right for you then you need to replace your Wi-Fi IC.
P.S. Replacing Wi-Fi IC of iPhone 5S isn’t that easy and you need to take the assistance of a professional in order to get the job done right for you.