How to Solve iPhone 5S Display Light Problem?
Display light problem in an iPhone 5S normally occurs when your phone has encountered any kind of water damage. In such a condition your phone works normally, but it becomes really very hard for you to perform different functions on your phone, especially in sunlight, as it will become very problematic for you to perform different functions. Hence overcoming this issue is surely very important for you.
- Display light not working.
- Display light is dim.
- Sometimes display light works and sometimes it does not.
Reasons of Problems
- Phone might be water damaged.
- Dry soldering of display connector pins.
- Diode might be faulty.
- iPhone 5S LCD screen might be faulty.
When it comes to the workaround of this problem, the only thing that you can do is to check your phone’s brightness settings, which I guess you have already tried; else the only way to solve this problem is the hardware solution.
- Star screw driver.
- Plastic separation tool for separating iPhone 5S LCD screen from the body.
- Heat gun.
- Soldering gun.
- Multi meter.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to unplug and re-plug display connector as well as touch screen connector of your phone, after doing that check, as sometimes this simply solution resolves this issue.
- If the above solution fails then the next thing that you need to do is to check out any traces of water damage on your phone. If you find your phone water damaged then clean all its traces, after wards gently heat your board as well as components for a few seconds in order to wipe out all the traces of water damage on your phone. Afterwards check.
- Now check the connection between diode and the first pin of display connector (on – board), if there is no continuity between 1st pin of the display connector and diode then solder board pins and check.
- If the above step fails then it means that diode might be faulty or is disconnected from the board. In order to resolve that gently heat diode and check, if it is still find to be faulty then replace diode.
- If the above step fails in resolving this issue then it means your iPhone 5S display screen is faulty and you need to change it.
Display light issue isn’t that big, as you would still be able to operate your phone, but you are surely going to encounter a whole lot of troubles when it comes to your phone operation. If you are lucky enough then the first step will surely solve your problem and without paying anything to anyone, else it will become a huge problem from you.