How to solve iPhone 5 Touch Screen Problems?
One of the worst problems that your iPhone 5 can encounter is the touch screen problem. This is mainly because of the fact that normally Smart phones (especially iPhone) is entirely based upon Touch, and you cannot perform any function (or even operate) your iPhone without this feature. This feature doesn’t go out that easy, but still one can find a dozens of complain regarding touch screen problem of iPhone.
In the following lines you will get to know about some of the basic iPhone 5 touch screen problems as well as their solutions.
- Touch not responding
- Slow Response.
Reasons of Problems
- Touch screen might be physically damaged.
- Water damage on touch screen.
- LCD screen is broken, hence affecting touch screen functions as well. However it is not important that touch stops responding after LCD is broken.
- Dust or dirt over touch screen on-board connector or strip connector.
- Dry soldering of iPhone 5 touch screen connector.
- Primary or secondary touch control IC might be faulty.
Here is the Workaround of iPhone 5 touch screen problem:
- Restart your iPhone 5 and Check.
- Factory Reset your phone (Make sure to Backup your entire data)
Here is the hardware solution of iPhone 5 touch screen problem:
- Unplug and plug touch screen strip and check.
- Plug-in any other good LCD Screen and Check. This step is to verify whether the problem is in hardware or iPhone 5 LCD is faulty.
- If the problem is in hardware then clean touch on board connector and check, as sometimes the dust is the only cause of touch screen problem.
- Gently heat surrounding components of touch screen and check.
- Re-solder each pin of touch connector and check.
- Now gently heat Primary as well as Secondary Touch Controller IC and check.
- If everything else fails then change Primary Touch Controller IC.
All these steps will surely help you to solve iPhone 5 touch screen problem. Most of the time the problem arises due to LCD screen, but in a number of cases a simple restart or cleaning the connectors have done the job right. The best thing about this is that the procedure isn’t that difficult, and if you have some soldering experience then you can get this thing done all by yourself, without the need of going to any repair center.