How to Solve iPhone 5 Rear Camera Problems?
One of the core features offered in iPhone 5, is its rear camera, and this is because it offers its users exceptional photography due to high image quality offered by Apple. The camera is surely exceptional as compared to a good number of Smart phones. Encountering rear camera problem in your iPhone 5 is really a common thing, but the best thing is that normally these issues are resolved with the help of workaround methods, and you don’t need to go with a hardware solution. Hardware solution is always considered as the last option when all the workaround methods fail.
Let’s have a look at some of the most common iPhone 5 Rear Camera problems and their solutions:
- Screen goes black.
- iPhone 5 camera shutter not opening.
- Camera hangs.
- Camera not saving pictures.
- Blurred picture.
- Reset your phone and check.
- Uninstall any third party camera app and check.
- For Blurred picture, clean rear camera lens and check, as sometimes the reason of blurred image is only dust over the rear camera (if that doesn’t work then try cleaning your 5S camera from inside as well.)
- Upgrade your iOS and check (Should be considered as the last resort, do it if Hardware solution doesn’t solve the problem)
Reasons of Problems
- Any camera app might be corrupt that is causing this problem.
- Dust over rear camera causing blurred screen.
- Rear camera has become faulty.
- Water or physical damage.
- Lose connection of your rear camera with on-board connector.
- Dry soldering of the on-board connector.
- Camera IC might be faulty.
- Unplug and plug rear camera and check.
- Change camera and check.
- Clean Camera on-board connector and check.
- Re-solder on-board cam connector.
- Heat all the components around rear camera on-board connector.
- Remove and then again connect camera connector IC (mentioned in above figure). If that doesn’t solve the problem then replace it.
- If you don’t have another Camera connector IC with you then all you have to do is to short the two terminals of the connector IC with the help of a jumper.
All of the above steps will surely help you in solving iPhone5 rear camera in the most effective manner. If you are lucky enough than workaround methods will be able to resolve your problem, else you might need to have some soldering experience in order to get tings fixed on your own.