How to Solve iPhone 5 Flashlight Problems?
If you are a photographer, and you love to capture random moments then you surely need your iPhone 5 Flashlight to be in perfect condition, and this is mainly because a Flashlight not only allows you to take proper pictures in dark places or the places which has low light but it also allows you to enhance the image when taking pictures in day time, hence allowing your picture to get a better contract. However if your flashlight stops working or starts to give you any other problem then it is highly recommended that you should get it fixed in first place.
Following is the list of iPhone 5 Flashlight problems followed by their solution:
- IPhone 5 flashlight not working.
- Low light.
- IPhone 5 Flashlight remains “On”, even when the phone is switched off.
Reasons of Problems
- Phone could be physically damaged or water damaged.
- Flashlight IC might be faulty.
- Dry solder of rear camera on-board connector (Flashlight is fixed with rear camera)can also be the cause of this problem.
- Toggle between ON – OFF settings of Flashlight and check.
- Restart your iPhone 5 and check.
Tools Required for Hardware Solution
- Soldering gun.
- Cotton bud or cotton cloth (For cleaning any traces of water damage).
- Heat gun.
- Star screw driver and plastic separation tool for opening iPhone5 body.
- Unplug and re-plug rear camera and check (as Flashlight is attached with rear camera).
- Check with any other working rear camera, as Flashlight alone cannot be replaced.
- Check for any sign of water damage along with the on-board camera connector, clean on-board connector and check.
- If the above method fails then re-solder on-board connector.
- Now Remove, Clean and again fix Flashlight IC and check.
- If the above step doesn’t work then remove Flashlight IC again and clean the contacts of IC and re-ball them, re-plug IC and check.
- If it is still not working then replace Flashlight IC.
All the above methods are surely going to resolve your problem, however the only drawback with iPhone 5 Flash is that it is fixed with rear camera, so any case you have to change rear camera as well. Sometimes a simple restart gets the job done right, so if you are encountering flashlight IC then you can only hope that the workaround methods gets the job done right for you.