Step by Step Method to Fix iPhone 4S Rear Camera Problems
One of the things that make iPhone 4S distinctive from other Smartphone is its rear camera, but what will happen if its rear camera stops working or responding? It would surely be a huge loss for anyone, as one of the best features of iPhone is not working anymore. Besides everything else, this thing might also affect the other functions of iPhone too.
First let’s have a look at all the possible iPhone 4S rear camera problem that you might encounter:
- Screen goes Black.
- Hanging Problem.
- IPhone camera shutter not opening.
- Camera is not taking pictures after you press camera button on screen.
- This is touch screen problem, and it has nothing to do with iPhone 4S rear camera.
In the following lines you will get to know the method to fix iPhone 4S rear camera. Both Manual as well as hardware methods are mentioned in detail and in step by step manner.
Reasons of Problems
- Rear Camera might be water damaged.
- Rear camera connector and on-board connector might have a loose contact.
- Any third party application might be interfering in the function or might be causing the problem.
- Camera might be physically damaged.
- Camera IC might be faulty.
- Reset your iPhone 4S and check.
- Uninstall any camera application that you installed recently, as it might have caused this problem. Uninstall and recheck.
- Upgrade your iOS (Warning: Only if Hardware Method fails in correcting the camera problem).
- Star Screw Driver and Separation tool.
- Blow dryer.
- Heat gun.
- Copper wire (in case you need to introduce jumper in the circuit).
After opening iPhone 4s back cover, remove the battery and:
- Connect and Disconnect Camera. (As Camera also goes Black due to lose connection) Check after reconnecting.
- Clean rear camera connector and onboard camera connector and check.
- If the above method doesn’t work then reheat all the connectors and components on board of rear camera.
- Connect any other Good camera in order to verify the problem, whether it is with your camera or connector.
- Remove and fix rear camera connector IC (Black in color), if it doesn’t work then replace it. If you don’t have any other rear camera connector IC with you then you can also just short the two on board terminals with the help of a jumper wire, it will work just fine. Make sure you don’t short the ground terminals.