How to Resolve iPhone 4s Power Button Problem?
One of the most common issues that are found in iPhone is its power button problem. The reason for this problem could be anything. This could either be due to water damage or just the basic wear and tear. In the case of basic wear and tear, power button losses its Springiness hence you need to press it harder than usual for it to make it work for you or it could either fail completely.
Besides that, a problem in power button might also cause your phone to restart at times, which becomes very much annoying and it troubles you to the masses.
In the following lines you will get to know about iPhone 4S power button problems as well as their solutions:
- IPhone 4S power button becomes stiff.
- Power button becomes unresponsive.
For iPhone power button problem there is no work around method, however you can try using a pin and move it all around the iPhone 4S power button, as this might be able to take away some stiffness from your power button.
Here is the hardware solution for iPhone 4S power button problem:
- The very first thing that you need to do is to Disassemble iPhone 4s in order to proceed further.
- Now remove the two screws holding power button.
- Remove Internal Power button switch.
- Now you can see that the black rubber is snapped off from iPhone’s external power button, hence it doesn’t make the contact with internal power button, and this is the thing which makes your button unresponsive or stiff.
- The next thing that you need to do is to remove the old internal switch and replace it with a new one.
- Clean the switch and then again fix switch contacts and black rubber together. Press the button in order to check the response of your phone, if everything is in order than you can re-fix the screws of your power button.
- Now place back cover of your phone back and fix both screws in order to reassemble your phone.
The best thing is that you don’t need to go to an iPhone help center in order to get this thing done, else they are going to charge you heavily in order to get this job done, and this is surely the task that you can do on your own, as all you need to do is to have a steady hands in order to get the procedure done.