Troubleshooting iPhone 4S Network Problem
Network problem is considered to be one of the most common problems that are found in smart phones after battery issue and resolving these issues should always be considered as the top priority else you won’t be able to connect to the internet, make calls, do text messages etc.
Normally smart phones encounter similar type of network problem issue, but the method of resolving them is quite different. Now let’s discuss about some of the:
Normally there are three types of iPhone 4s network problems, which include:
- Low Signal (but consistent)
- No Signal
- Signal keeps on dropping (not consistent)
The method to solve “Low Signal” and “No Signal” is similar, as both of these issues are associated with Power Amplifier IC, however if your signal keeps on dropping and is not consistent then it could be the problem of Transceiver IC or RF IC. But working on these two IC’s should be considered when none of the solutions work to correct you iPhone 4S network issue.
Following is a step by step guideline that will help you in resolving all the network problems associated with iPhone 4s:
- Remove and Reinsert SIM card.
- If the above method doesn’t work then restart your iPhone 4s
- Go with a Software update in your phone.
- Check whether your phone is in Airplane Mode or not.
If both of these methods don’t work, then all you have to do is to go with:
- Open your iPhone 4s and remove Antenna Wire. Metal Sheet is at the left corner is antenna (just first inch) and the rest is antenna wire.
- Make sure that the antenna wire (entering from right of the antenna) is not cut or disconnected.
- Check external Antenna as well as its Coils with the help of a Multi meter (Check Continuity), as the network problem might also be due to the fault in external antenna. Multi meter should beep when connected with external antenna’s nodes and coil.
- If all of the above doesn’t solve the problem then flip the Circuit board and gently heat Power IC, if it is still not working then replace it. (For Low Signals or No Network Problem)
- If you are facing signal inconsistency or signal dropping issue then gently heat Transceiver also known as RF IC. If that doesn’t work then replace it.
Just follow all of the above mentioned steps and you will surely be able to solve iPhone 4S Network problem in the best possible manner. But before going with Hardware solution, make sure that you have tried all the workaround methods, as most of the time they are able to get the job done for you.