How to Solve Samsung Galaxy S4 Smart Stay Problem?
One of the most noted, distinctive and most talked about feature in Samsung Galaxy S4 was its Smart Stay Feature. This Smart Stay was known to be one of the features that highlighted S4 more than any other Smartphone, and hence allowing it to be sold at a much faster pace, however the irony is a good number of S4 users reported that Smart Stay, Scroll, Rotation and Pause features are not working for them, hence this phone becomes a huge disappointment for most of the people who only bought this phone because of such features.
Smart Stay is basically an eye tracking technology that won’t dim your screen or put it in sleep mode, besides that you will also be allowed to scroll, rotate and pause your phone just from the movements of your eyes, hence allowing you to enjoy each and everything in the best possible manner.
- Smart Stay feature not working.
- Smart Stay feature responds very late or slow response.
- Features like Scrolling, Rotation and Pause are not working.
- In order to resolve this issue, the very first thing that you need to do is to whether this Smart feature is turned ON or not, in order to verify that all you have to do is to:
- Go into Settings.
- My Device.
- Smart Screen option and check whether it is enabled or not (Options should be checked).
- As it works on your eye movements therefore it operates via its Front Camera, make sure that your face / eyes is visible to the Front Camera.
- Another reason for this issue might be the light issue in your room; this could either be dim light or no not at all.
- The light in the room is not sufficient enough that the front camera is able to recognize or follow you eye movement.
- Make sure that your eyes are not covered by anything, as in this case it won’t work for you.
- If Smart Stay feature is still not working properly then the next thing that you need to do is to go with a software update or contact Samsung help center regarding this problem if your phone is under warranty then they will fix it for free.
Smart Stay feature also came with Galaxy S3, and it was more of a failed experiment as it did not live up to the consumers’ expectations, but this advanced technology make it much more intelligent, reliable and efficient than its predecessor.