How to Solve Battery Drain and Overheating Problem in Nokia Lumia 1020?
Nokia Lumia 1020 is surely known to be one of the most exceptional phones offered by Nokia Corporation, and it is known to be the one that really helped Nokia to get back on its feet and to make some great sales in the final half of the year. The phone was released in July 2013, and it is still available in the market, while making good sales over the world especially in Europe.
Normally Lumia 1020 doesn’t have any problem, however a good number of users have complained that they are encountering rapid battery drain and overheating problems in their new phone. We all know that Smartphone’s batteries aren’t that good, but rapid battery drain and overheating is surely a problem.
In the following lines we will discuss these problems in detail followed by the reasons that might be causing this problem along with the potential solutions.
- Phone battery drains at much higher pace.
- Lumia 1020 becomes extremely hot during usage.
- Phone heats up during charging.
Reasons of Problems
- This happens when you use a third part charger to charge your phone. Use original Nokia Lumia charger.
- Usage of phone during charging might also be the cause of the problem.
- Some heavy apps take a lot of charge and might also contribute in heating up your phone.
- Usage of old firmware or the outdated OS also cause this problem.
- A good number of apps are running in the background, causing phone to lose charge overtime, this also contributes in heating up your phone.
- Outdated apps can also be the reason of this problem.
- Your phone battery can also be faulty.
- The very first thing that you need to do is to:
- Go into Settings.
- From there to “Battery Saver” option (Check it).
However when you activate this battery saver option you will only get limited number of updates and will also prevent other apps to run in the background as well.
- Exit all the apps that are not in use (apps that are running in the backend).
- Turn the Wi-Fi and Data Bundle off when not in use or when you don’t need it, this will also help in saving battery.
- Give your phone a hard reset, as in most cases this gets the job done right.
- Check your phone as well as all the apps that they are updated or not. If your OS or apps are not up to date then they will cause the similar problem.
- Also make sure that you don’t have any rogue apps installed / running in your phone, as such type of apps causes most problems including battery drain, phone heat up, lag problems etc. So it is better to disable or remove such apps.
- Another option you have is to go with factory reset and check.
- If none of the above mentioned methods work for you, then you can check with any other good and working battery, as Nokia Lumia 1020’s battery could also be the cause of the problem.